Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EVX 180B project.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:23pm
Thomann still stock them.

Not cheap mind.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:50pm
Yes they got them. And plenty of recone kits. Smile

Just wondering if they are out of production or still going strong Smile
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:11am
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

From what you just told me Elliott, i will keep my initial idea of Qrx 118s and load up some evx180b drivers.

Nothing more to be said there Smile

You got some good knowledge regarding EV. Thanks for sharing 🙂

But one question.. Is the EVX 180B discontinued or still in production? Not many dealers have them anymore.

The EVX 180 B is no longer in production. It was replaced by the DVF 4180 as Electro-voice’s latest top of the line 18 inch woofer for touring. The EVX 180 B was also the last woofer in which, was classified Electro-voice’s best sold publically to a select few authorised Electro-voice retail stores.  

Like JBL, Electro-voice chose to no longer sell their premium raw woofers to the public. The few dealers that possess new old stock of the Electro-voice EVX 180 B today, charge an astronomical price because they are considered rare.  

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

From what you just told me Elliott, i will keep my initial idea of Qrx 118s and load up some evx180b drivers.

Nothing more to be said there Smile

You got some good knowledge regarding EV. Thanks for sharing 🙂

But one question.. Is the EVX 180B discontinued or still in production? Not many dealers have them anymore.

The EVX 180 B is no longer in production. It was replaced by the DVF 4180 as Electro-voice’s latest top of the line 18 inch woofer for touring. The EVX 180 B was also the last woofer in which, was classified Electro-voice’s best sold publically to a select few authorised Electro-voice retail stores.  

Like JBL, Electro-voice chose to no longer sell their premium raw woofers to the public. The few dealers that possess new old stock of the Electro-voice EVX 180 B today, charge an astronomical price because they are considered rare.  

Best Regards,

How interesting!

I never new that. In that case, has the X-Sub now been discontinued?
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:27pm

The X Sub is shown on Electro-voice’s website so I am uncertain. Electro-voice may just have it there for basic information. Their new top tier model is the X12-128 Double Eighteen to compliment the X Line Advance Series.

https://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=2606

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 10 May 2019 at 12:32pm
Elliot Thompson
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards,

Its just sad. But thats how the game works today.
Im just happy to have 10 of these puppys in good working order. Just sitting on the shelfs.

EVX 180B and Fane Colossus 18XB are two drivers that i really appreciate.
Been in the game for so many years, and are still going strong if cared for, just a little bit.

Xmax isnt everything.
Can't say i have heard every driver on the market, but these two are for sure some of the best sounding drivers i have owned.

And nothing beats the price on the Fane's...!
xsav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xsav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2019 at 6:36pm
FOO, can you sell one or two of the 180B drivers?

Edited by xsav - 07 June 2019 at 6:38pm
J-Lindkvist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Lindkvist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 11:00pm
do you share the plans you have for ev qrx118

I am thinking of building some myself
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12