Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hard to believe but ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard to believe but ...
    Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:46pm
Amazon prime next day seems to have replaced that desperate trip to Maplins  for those last minute bits & pieces 

And probably more affordable... 

4 pieces 6010 cooling fans for £7.98 delivered tomorrow 

Or wait till June via eBay shipped from China for a quid less.. 

It's a bizarre world 

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 5:27pm
Even more bizarre if you’re an Amazon fulfilment worked and have to piss in a bottle at your workstation whilst being monitored in an Orwellian minimum wage hellscape of zero hours whilst you worry about a drone stealing your job.
madboffin View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madboffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 6:14pm
Sadly not bizarre at all. Normal life for many people in Brave New Brittania.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Even more bizarre if you’re an Amazon fulfilment worked and have to piss in a bottle at your workstation whilst being monitored in an Orwellian minimum wage hellscape of zero hours whilst you worry about a drone stealing your job.
Clap
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

The free market has a lot to answer for

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
I-shen Soundboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I-shen Soundboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Or wait till June via eBay shipped from China for a quid less.. 
Hard to tell, some of the bigger Chinese vendors seem to use UK fulfilment operations: Your crap is mailed from somewhere in the UK...

Of course the real savings are in the subsidised China Mail, and international agreements to deliver other countries mail.  You buy some widget for 99p, Chinese vendor pops it in a (State subsidised) China Mail bag which Royal mail deliver to your door.  No UK seller can compete, paying second class postage (61p minimum) plus widget cost.
It's a bizarre world 
No doubt the cannier Chinese vendors are using Amazon for fulfilment too.

Edited by I-shen Soundboy - 08 May 2019 at 9:10pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:56pm
Amazon emailed me last week, asking if we would like to sell our products trough Amazon.
I find this very strange. We dont produce consumer products.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mojofilters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojofilters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:59am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Amazon emailed me last week, asking if we would like to sell our products trough Amazon.
I find this very strange. We dont produce consumer products.

Apart from a quick look at your website, I only know your company from posts on here, PSW etc. However it would not surprise me if Amazon were experimenting / looking to experiment with new market sectors for themselves.

Amazon's business model has a history of taking advantage of the data they can capture from third party sellers, trading within their marketplace. Their sophisticated analytics then allow them to calculate whether they themselves would be able to turn a decent profit from directly competing and undercutting the prices of such third parties.

However as you point out, they generally deal in consumer products. I'm not sure how they would create a route to enter the pro audio market, given how driven the latter is by brand reputation, rider friendliness etc?
 Post Reply Post Reply