Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless uplighters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:12am
Cool thanks. Smile
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

When looking at LED pars, to compare brightnesses is it as simple as looking at the total power of the LED’s being used? For instance. Will a par with 7 x 5w LED’s be the same as one with 1 x 35w LED, assuming the same lens, beam angle, coverage angle)

(In praise of the specs I’ve been reading, at least they all use standardised metrics. Bike lights are a nightmare to compare)
If you do rgb it shouldn't matter. If say you want to do yellow, and it's from more than one source you'll see bits of green. Not an issue if its a par can up in the sky. But an up lighter that's close to a wall you'll see it. 

Not sure that's what he meant?

I think he means 7x 5w rgb cobs vs 1x35w rgb cob (which will be much of a muchness) rather than seperate red green and blue leds, which as you say look rubbish if used close enough to anything to see the colour seperation.

Most will give the actual lumen output if you dig through the spec sheet although how accurate that is for comparison purposes is anyone's guess.

I disagree that you won't notice colour chases and changes. We stick 10 pars out in a large village hall and totally change the room colour and feel. Ability to use this to good effect totally depends on ambient light conditions. 

Djgorey if you pm me I'll send you some videos directly. 
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:22pm
Looking at the transceiver side - are they proprietary? i.e. Will a Chauvet transceiver work with a Prolights Smartbat? They all look to be working on the 2.4GHz band, but I understand there's different channels within that band.
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2019 at 10:17pm
A client of mine has a load of these. Nice & bright and will do 2 gigs in between charges. Had 2 failures, one with a dud LCD screen and the other with a failed battery pack, parts all supplied free by 7C.
He says the big issue with wireless is the kids tend to pick them up and play with them

7c lighting

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 06 September 2019 at 10:17pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 8:10am
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

He says the big issue with wireless is the kids tend to pick them up and play with them

I’ve got 8 chauvet freedom sticks and the kids are fine; it’s the adults that want to play light sabres with them that’s the problem
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

I’ve got 8 chauvet freedom sticks and the kids are fine; it’s the adults that want to play light sabres with them that’s the problem

And tonight a new one - women using them as a ... substitute Shocked
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2019 at 11:27pm
you must have a better class of guest. I've had reports here of children getting confused with floor-standing moving heads and trying to ride them like one of those bucking broncos.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12