Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opinions on SmartMAC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinions on SmartMAC
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:57pm
I’ve got a soft spot for Martin moving heads based on nothing more than when I was starting out, they were what I aspired to and never had them. 

I’ve got the option on some SmartMacs and was just wondering what people thought of them. Is the power draw reasonable as I don’t often have access to anything more than 13A sockets. 

Generally, are they good lights?

Thanks for all your help (on this and all the other queries I’ve raised recently)
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:34pm
Not very bright, quick access doors tend to fall off, not Martin’s finest moment. Only pulls about 1a a unit so good to run 12 off a single 13a plug - as long as you stagger striking the lamps. Unless they were an absolute bargain (sub £50 a unit) I’d go with something else, newer and LED based
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:53pm
Thank you Smile

Think i’ll give them a miss
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
 Post Reply Post Reply