Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stacking multiple EAW La325's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty309 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stacking multiple EAW La325's
    Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:27pm
Hi, i have 3 EAW la325's. looking to buy another. I hear people saying you shouldn't add more than one eaw per side because of the wide dispersion can cause comb filtering? 

My question is that the Eaw la325 has a 90 x 70 coverage angle, would swapping the horizontal and vertical angle (very easy to do) help? 

thanks

Edited by Matty309 - 19 May 2019 at 2:28pm
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2019 at 1:36pm
Probably not much.

First, it's only 20 deg of difference, which is pretty small anyway.

Second, it would only apply to the highs - but the rest of the spectrum would be unchanged. Remember the upper mids are coming from a pair of 7" stacked vertically, so they're always going to have a wider horizontal pattern and narrower vertical, regardless of what you do with the highs. Even the 2x15" low mids may have some narrowing in the vertical place, depending on where the XO to the 7's is set.

HTH,
David
 Post Reply Post Reply