Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potentiometers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmhoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potentiometers
    Posted: 14 July 2019 at 6:28pm
Hi, I'm new here and not a tech. I am trying to replace the potentiometers in a pair of Infinity Column II speakers. I would like to use wire wound potentiometers, but am unable to find the existing specs. Does anyone know the specs on one I should use...ie: 1000K,100K etc., wattage, and linear or taper? Sorry to be such a dummy and hope I am in the right forum. Thanks!!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 10:32am
You´ll need to post some pictures of the existing devices, I think.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
rmhoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmhoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2019 at 9:22pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 12:38pm
Those look like 5W units, but can´t really tell any more. Can you measure the resistance (unsolder one tag, left or right & measure  between the tags). Or take them out & post more photos, especially if they have anything printed on the side.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 7:20pm
I've just found the schematic, the pots are 5ohm 5watts.
rmhoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmhoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 7:28pm
Thanks much for your help!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply