Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless mic recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 10:54am
Thanks to all for the tips. 

I’m quite happy to pay the licence fee for added reliability. 

I hadn’t heard of JTS so I’ll have a look at them too. 

All very useful information so thanks again

Edit: Spotted this one, but it appears quite cheap. Is there something in the description that suggests why?

Edited by djgorey - 29 July 2019 at 11:30am
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
RONAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 2:26pm
the JTS uf  (top of the JTS line) are excellent units.. the Handheld mics are good quality , with an excellent sound and feedback rejection.. They have extra wide band I think 70mhz width.  Body packs and handheld mics can be bought separately.. Handhelds take the standard "Shure" heads, no need for adapter, if you prefer those.. They can also take sennheiser heads with an adapter approx. £15.
       In fact, the latest range of EV handheld wireless are all made by JTS, and JTS have being providing wireless solutions to  many  other companies as OEM products for years  ( audix wireless etc etc).
EVENT SOUND RON.
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

Thanks to all for the tips. 

I’m quite happy to pay the licence fee for added reliability. 

I hadn’t heard of JTS so I’ll have a look at them too. 

All very useful information so thanks again

Edit: Spotted this one, but it appears quite cheap. Is there something in the description that suggests why?

the in164 is one of the entry level mics and there pretty good,i know a few artists that bought these after using some my older 903 systems which are basically the same mic but with newer reciever and my business partner has one for his djing ,he loves it 
as a singer i find all mics are personal preference as ive never found a sennheiser mic that sounds good to me ,really liked my beyer and audio technica atw3100 systems but had the opportunity to standardise my sytems so went with the jts ,im just happy with the quality and sound 

Edited by krazyneil - 29 July 2019 at 3:07pm
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 12:56pm
Obviously don't expect the quality of setups ten times the price but I saw the W Audio DQM 600H on clearance for £200 rather than £300 and thought it would be worth a punt for that money. Build quality looks decent and the mics don't feel cheap (though audio performance is unknown). 1/2 wavelength diversity aeriels, mics work okay with rechargable batteries. setup and functions seem straightforward. annoyingly the receiver has an external power supply plug. Signal strength seems decent but will try and do some tests on this and the freq response.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12