Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TSE-111 vs Building some MT-121?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TSE-111 vs Building some MT-121?
    Posted: 02 August 2019 at 5:22am
I've been offered some old Turbosound TSE-111... 4 of them and he's willing to sell them for 1200GBP

I've searched the forum and one thread was about 10 years oldabout someone asking about these speakers, seems they are pretty decent... but is that also the case in 2019? I'm thinking of using them with kick bins and scoops.

Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 8:05am
Seller says the voice coil has been changed, probably not with an original. Are the Turbosounds still worth what he's charging?

Edited by Maze - 02 August 2019 at 8:25am
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 12:01pm
Is a great little box, I used to love them in the 80 and early 90s. Big issue with them now is most have horn damage and wrong drivers. If you can still source the original parts and have the skill to re-furb the horns them I think £300 a box is fair, but really depends on condition.
They don't go very low either so you will need something between most modern subs and the TSE111.

But, for not a lot more you can get something like the SoundGear Orbits, modern drivers and new!

Dupe....
Dupe...
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 1:03pm
Thanks for the advice, Yeah, I'd love to get some Orbits, I actually contacted them, but for several reasons I didn't go through with the order... I live in China and I need them for an upcoming event in the desert here. I was afraid of customs etc... So I've looked at second hand stuff here.
Sypa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sypa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2019 at 1:31pm
Personally wouldn't bother they can't keep up with modern sub drivers and kicks in my humble opinion. 
 Post Reply Post Reply