Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommended xover points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romsyam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommended xover points
    Posted: 08 August 2019 at 11:29pm
Hi,

I'm fairly new to all this. And looking for some recommended xover points and slopes. I did use butterworth 48 last time they were set up, but I've taken the passive crossovers out of the MT to control it all separately. Just wondering what everyone would use as a good starting point. I think I had it like this last time when we had passive crossover in the MT. 35hz-85hz-180hz-5k-

Scoops PD1852
USB kicks PD186
MT121 PD123er and Paudio DM-750 2"
Bullets beyma cp 22

Any help gratefully received.

thank you  
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2019 at 11:59pm
scoops up to 70, usbs up to.. 150 maybe, mt up to 900. 48db butterworth can make a good steep high pass on subs, but otherwise LR 24 is a standard to start with.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2019 at 2:27am
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

scoops up to 70, usbs up to.. 150 maybe, mt up to 900. 48db butterworth can make a good steep high pass on subs, but otherwise LR 24 is a standard to start with.

Steep slopes can also rob you of the cooling effects of excursion at lower frequencies, and introduce so much phase shift you can’t get a good alignment.

The question is, what scoops?

In practice with many scoop sub and band pass horn systems, I find a gentle filter type and a little overlap with appropriate delay gets the best results - but then, this is from measurement.

Edited by toastyghost - 09 August 2019 at 2:29am
romsyam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romsyam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2019 at 6:50am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

The question is, what scoops?
Not 100% but look similar to supers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply