Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We Out Here Festival

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Coloursound boxes, you can't miss 'em....
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2021 at 7:06pm
How much did the nee sun arrays in the woods improve off site compared to last time?
Sad to be missing it this year!
Tedski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 10:16pm

Those are some nice 'I want to keep my subs out of the mud but pallets suck" platforms!
What are they?

Edited by Tedski - 20 August 2021 at 10:17pm
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2021 at 12:16am
Litedeck staging units
LjudLahger View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LjudLahger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2021 at 5:50pm
Beautiful stuff Heart
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2021 at 2:04pm
Highly impressed with all stages, main stage was very hifi sounding and from all areas of the crowd the sound was very detailed, much more consistent coverage than pretty much every line array I have heard.

Rhythm Corner was the heaviest sounding I heard all weekend but every time I walked up to the stage I was convinced it was very quiet until I was in the crowd, so the end fire array was doing a good job of controlling spill behind the subs and I assume on stage.

I didn't hear the Woodland stage particularly cranked but again was a pleasant and clean sound.

Main take away for me was that the Danley tapped horns sound great and even the singles/pairs that were dotted around sounded great and surprisingly low/loud. And of course the coverage to size ratio of the J/SH tops. 

The paraflex system in the Lemon Lounge sounded good too. 4X stacks of 2x paraflex subs, double 10 inch kicks, what looked to be ASS MT502's on top all facing inwards in a circular tent that was rarely not packed. 

The only complaint was that Channel One and Irration played in a roller disco style stage and despite the maybe 6 TH118 (I think, can't quite remember the setup?) it was pretty quiet with minimal bass, but I am sure that was due to noise restrictions as it was fairly close to the mainstage. So a dusty scoop system out the way somewhere on site would have been the cherry on a what was otherwise probably the best sound I have heard at a UK festival. Clap

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 9:53am
Thanks for the kind words, and sorry for not replying sooner! I've had this tab open somewhere in the midst of many browser windows over multiple machines, meaning to write something, but real life keeps getting in the bloody way.

The roller disco was actually listed on the pre-show brief as 'maybe needs a small PA, just some DJs'. When we got on site, and saw the size of the tent and the running order, there was a bit of a scramble to shuffle kit around and get something half decent in there. Wasn't the only one!

Considering what they pulled off at such short notice of being able to go ahead, it's understandable. Unfortunately there were several little bumps in the road like that, so I didn't get much time to roam and enjoy myself during the show.

There are some things I'd have changed in hindsight, but given the circumstances I think it was a pretty stand up job. The Lemon Lounge lot got away with murder too - even though all of Paraflex don't really go low for their size, the harmonics are so strong that they feel much heavier in tone than they really are.

The entire site's PA was packed into trucks and on the road by early afternoon Monday, with only a handful of crew. One of the best things about using Danley

Originally posted by jazomir jazomir wrote:

Those Hyperions look the biz. Do they really sound as good as they look?

You tell me...

Verified on site, with <30 ms round trip latency from the FIR (from memory, don't hold me to that as it was a LONG week with LOTS of traces)

Edited by toastyghost - 09 September 2021 at 9:57am
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 10:37am
Pretty slick!
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
k_m_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k_m_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 2:32pm
What's the rigs looking like for this year? Specifically in the smalle venues like Big Top and Movement... very much looking forward to hearing this years offering. 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2022 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by k_m_g k_m_g wrote:

What's the rigs looking like for this year? Specifically in the smalle venues like Big Top and Movement... very much looking forward to hearing this years offering. 

I’m not there this time around, but I presume it’s much the same for most of the site. There might be d&b for some of the smaller stages where bits will have been sub-hired in. We’re all just too busy this season.
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2022 at 9:41pm
my girlfriend is DJing there on friday, think i might stop by with her for a quick snoop

will report back
k_m_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k_m_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by k_m_g k_m_g wrote:

We’re all just too busy this season.

And long may that continue. Looking forward to seeing what we'll be DJing on this year. Was the highlight of 2021 imo...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123