Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up speaker system for a classroom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up speaker system for a classroom
    Posted: 10 September 2019 at 9:00pm
Hi everyone,

Now that school is back it's back to work. I work at Georgian college in Barrie. I have been charged with ordering a new av podium/lectern for the lecture hall. The school has a partnership with Video-Furn.com so I'm limited to choosing something from https://www.-furn.com/podiums-lecterns - this podium and lectern site

Does which podium I choose affect my ability to hook in to the sound system? I'm completely new to setting up an av podium. The sound system needs updating too, any idea how powerful of a system I need for a lecture hall that holds about 500.

Thanks.

Edited by Skylar360 - 10 September 2019 at 9:03pm
Jacxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2019 at 6:58pm
This is a rather broad post so i'll try and answer a bit of it to the best of my knowledge without taking too long. Other members correct me where and if I'm wrong. Don't want to leave a member 'hanging' lol.LOL 

As for the podium I would just suggest the company you HAVE to use maybe just get them to incorporate it into your existing PA? Seems the most straight forward answer even if it might have an additional fee.

And as for the PA if its only getting used for speaking through the frequency range of your average male voice is roughly the region of 85Hz to 180Hz and for females its slightly higher at 160Hz to 255Hz. This basically means a decent set or two of mid tops could potentially fill your requirements. But cannot be sure as much detail hasn't been provided on the room and just generally how loud you would need it to be.

Just some food for thought @Skylar360

Edit, if there's a sound tech course at the college ask the tutors!! Mine would've loved a job for the class like that back in the day.

Edited by Jacxy - 24 September 2019 at 8:05pm
Almost everyone is born a genius and buried an idiot.
 Post Reply Post Reply