Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic PPX900

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citronic PPX900
    Posted: 19 September 2019 at 10:51am
Just got one of these a few weeks ago off the Bay. All worked fine and then I opened it op to give it a good clean- just dust build up, mainly on the fan. When I then turned it on, Channel B has the clip light on. Any recommendations on fixing this?
Audio output seems to be fine on channel B.

Lovely sounding amplifier
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 10:12pm
Could be a number of things....you say you opened it up to dust it out....carefully check the top of the power supply capacitors, the solder connections can fracture leaving a hair-line crack, that will put the clip light on. If those are fine, will be a faulty transistor around the clip light feed....there is a whole bunch of tiny ZTX213 transistors around there, you will need to check them all.
Be seeing you.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 12:23am
One of my racks of PPX has a couple of clip lights constantly on. Likely the clip drive transistors. I’ve not got around to fixing them yet but it doesn’t worry them and the amps work as normal.
100% Earth Moving Bass
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 10:15am

Bear in mind you are using am analogue amplifier which, may be offering an issue beyond 20,000 kHz (Oscillating). This may be the reason why the Clip light is engaged. If you do not have the proper tools to determine the root of the problem, I would suggest having the amplifier serviced.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 20 September 2019 at 10:15am
Elliot Thompson
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 1:42pm
I have to say that the bigger PPX amps can suffer stuck clip lights, its a common problem and is usually components in the clip driver circuitry. Got to give these tanks credit where due
Kevin

North Staffordshire

supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 3:56pm
Thanks all. 
No, I won't be messing with it. Things like this are best left to experts. As long as it sounds fine for my home needs then I'll just leave it be. I'm happy with my £50 purchase even if one channel is downSmile

Post Reply Post Reply