Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2x10" subwoofer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2x10" subwoofer
    Posted: 01 October 2019 at 3:19pm
Hi!

Completly new to the forum and couldnt quite comprehend the search function, so please point me in the right direction if I am missing something.

Anyway. I want to design a subwoofer for two yet to be identified  drivers, that came from a ported box of 93 liters.

The drivers are not very effective and would probably benefit from some sort of horn construction.
Anyone got anything for me to work with?

Regards
Elias
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2019 at 3:58pm
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2019 at 4:08pm
If you haven't yet identified the drivers, you can't choose a suitable design.
elsie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2019 at 4:09pm
Very nice! If I smack two of these together I bet they would venture further down a couple of hertz and still be reasonably sized. thnx!
elsie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2019 at 4:12pm
No, I know that. The end-goal would be to get drivers that I know, for example the RCF L10-750YK mentioned in the post above, but as I have these old 10" from scrapped Celestion SR4's I might aswell build the boxes, and just see what happens, right?
I inquired Celestion about what the drivers are, but they didnt have any info on them.

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2019 at 5:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply