Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bespoke Formula Sound?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bespoke Formula Sound?
    Posted: 03 October 2019 at 6:15pm
I was just wondering if anybody has any experience of getting a bespoke/modified mixer from Formula Sound. 

Essentially, I want an FF4.2, but with channel 1 as a music channel (the same as channels 2-4), rather than as a mic channel. The mixer already has a console mic input with gain and tone controls and I don’t need 2 mic channels, but 4 proper music channels would be perfect. The alternative is to get a 6.2 so that I can have the 4 music channels, but then I’d have 3 mic channels and I definitely don’t need that many!

I appreciate that I might end up spending the same, maybe more than just buying a 6.2, but the 4.2 with my modifications would be my ideal mixer. 

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this can be done before I ring FS 😊
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2019 at 11:32am
Exceedingly unlikely tbh, the cost of the design, tooling and production for a one off job would be far too much unless you have some very deep pockets. But asking is free, somewhere they may register the idea as a possibility for future product if enough people ask.
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2019 at 11:56am
Yeah cool. I thought that might be the case. Unfortunately, I’m not in a position to order enough to make it worth their while. 

I did have a chat with them though and they pointed out that the FF-4000 did exactly what I wanted
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 4:32pm
formula sound mixers are MODULAR and so, putting in a music chanel into ch1 is a piece of piss for em, and would cost VERY little more than an normal one, as they are building to order noew anyway, from their place in oldham..

ring them, as they say above, 

BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 4:33pm
in fact, you could just order one and buy a replacement module, as they sell em, i got a new music channel for my fsm600

Post Reply Post Reply