Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outlook 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

What may be beyond belief to you is that he seems to be doing very well.

Thing is, that many, many users will not be stressing these systems in the same way happened at Glastonbury - where the jocks looked to be delighted that they'd managed to blow up the system; we all know that there is a certain kind of DJ that glories in the sheer amount of volume that they can produce regardless of the sound quality, and a certain kind of punter that does exactly the same.

The systems purchased from BS (ummm, sounds like) will, on most occasions, be used by those who actually own the kit and will hear when the system is approaching its' limits and will not regard that as a challenge to illuminate more red lights.

And, they will lots of the time be used indoors rather than at a outdoor festival where reflected sound can be easily heard.

The 'major players' on these forums run systems which cost multiples (quite a lot of multiples in some cases) of what BS charge; their rental charge for a weekend can approach what BS charge to buy the whole system - and they have vast experience of idiot DJs' antics and red-lining and know how to circumnavigate them.

BS did not supply the system direct to Glastonbury.  It was specc'd by A1 in Bristol (I'm only speculating, but I can imagine that BS provided the kit 'for Glasto' at a vastly reduced price or for free) - who should really have provided people there to stop what was for BS a disaster.

Just my opinion.  In the main I nowadays run what is very a low-powered system even compared to to the 'Big-Gig-Rigs'

Edited by BJtheDJ - 16 October 2019 at 3:56pm
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2019 at 10:32pm
I hadn't met Andrew (or any of the team) until today at the Showmans Show - hes a bit eccentric, but have  to say the line array sounded OK, admittedly it was stacked on a double set of twin 18s and I had nothing else to reference it against! They even admitted to making mistakes with some of their amp offerings, which I thought was a bit refreshing. Its on again tomorrow (free entry) if anyone is close and wants to see them first hand. (apologies for taking Outlook even more off track!)
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 10:15am
Is the mistake saying that they’re 100% made in Britain?
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2019 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by IainB IainB wrote:

I hadn't met Andrew (or any of the team) until today at the Showmans Show - hes a bit eccentric, but have  to say the line array sounded OK, admittedly it was stacked on a double set of twin 18s and I had nothing else to reference it against! They even admitted to making mistakes with some of their amp offerings, which I thought was a bit refreshing. Its on again tomorrow (free entry) if anyone is close and wants to see them first hand. (apologies for taking Outlook even more off track!)

Got to say after hearing their products; I’m not a fan.
Don’t think the line array sounds OK at all really, but then sound is subjective and running laptop MP3’s from headphone out into ultra drives might be a contributing factor.

a lot of the passive cabs look like studiospares old auditorium range, rebadged Chinese products not particularly hifi.

That said they are all cheap products and if you are on a tight budget and just want to make some noise within limitations then fair enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123