Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REloading a "tubby" G Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 5:12pm
So, I have had a go at using WIN ISD- th einternal measuremeant sseem to be 131x50x38.5cm, the port is 50x27, going down to 50x15... I calculated a volume of 255.4l, and WIn Rsp gives me a tuning of around 29hz.

So far so good the PD186/2 is 30hz-above so I think in that respect it won't resent an issue ( especially if my filters are on hig hpass 30hz and above,)..an assumption, but I am a noob

The excursion I suspect is based on original pd186, but around 50hz was 9cm vs xmax of 10.5 cm on 186/2... my guess is I need to eq the 45-60 hz band down a little to get an even response ?

Of course this is without the porting angle being taken into account...which I'll have a go at next, but I wondered if I had used WIN SIP correctly here ? Cheers for the help
AKA the typo king...bear with me, my hands are big and the keyboard small....
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 5:35pm
I appears you can just drop-in the drivers and start enjoying your favourite tunes. I wouldn't worry about the xmax. If you exceed the xmax slightly, you will not damage the driver. It is only when you exceed the xmech limit is when you will damage the driver. A high pass filter anywhere between 30 Hz - 35 Hz will be appropriate for the PD 186/2-Tubby combination.

Best Regards,  

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 27 October 2019 at 5:36pm
Elliot Thompson
Radius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 8:44pm
Spot on!  I'm off to an arts centre hoping to set up some Sunday sessions... It's an old church so I'm sure I'll be wanting more sound enforcement..
AKA the typo king...bear with me, my hands are big and the keyboard small....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12