Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this driver suitable for horns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

The link does not work...

Working for me right now, albeit their whole site seems to be loading incredibly slowly.
Nonetheless every reference I've seen to that driver agrees it's ferrite - so unless they made a mistake and have since corrected it I can't shed any light on why you might have seen otherwise.
Tonskulus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonskulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 3:56pm
If the picture is correct, its indeed ferrite driver. 

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by oren oren wrote:

the serial number was worn away sadly . i believe the driver was something similar . perhaps a prototype to the ftr18 4080 f . it looked very similar and tge bin was also 600 w howether celestion state this driver is not suitable for horns and the recommended the ftr 18 4080 fd wich to me dosent seem like a hugely suitable driver either eapecially considering other drivers in the same price range being much more powerfull . 

The FTR models you mentioned is designed for horns. The 4080 F offers a Qts of 0.194 (VAS 266 Litres, fs 29 Hz) and the 4080 FD offers a Qts of 0.281 (VAS 328.1 Litres, fs 28 Hz)

Celestion had an FTR 4080 HDX which was not suited for horns offering a Qts of 0.4

So, your first choice (Faital Pro 18 FH 510 4 ohm version) is good alternative offering a Qts of 0.26 (VAS 351 Litres, fs 30 Hz) as it falls between the Celestion 18 FTR 4080 F and Celestion FTR 4080 FD.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

The link does not work...

Working for me right now, albeit their whole site seems to be loading incredibly slowly.
Nonetheless every reference I've seen to that driver agrees it's ferrite - so unless they made a mistake and have since corrected it I can't shed any light on why you might have seen otherwise.

On the main listing of their loudspeakers, Faital Pro stated Ferrite for the 8 ohm and, Neodymium for the 4 ohm version of the 15 FH 510. When they sort out their "Gateway 504 Time-out" error, I view it again to be certain.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12