Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hf support braces

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hf support braces
    Posted: 09 November 2019 at 11:32am
Hi
Ive got some heavy 2" hf. drivers on my ph 4528 horns, is ok to use some ion plates to support the
driver, ore will the ion damage the magnet.Confused

nkdk
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 11:43am
Best stick to non-ferrous material, wood, aluminium, plastic. 
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by James Tengo James Tengo wrote:

Best stick to non-ferrous material, wood, aluminium, plastic. 

+ 1

You can easily damage the magnets when moving the cabs around, even if the fit is very close, so not a good idea to use anything too hard.

In any case, you should also put some rubber or heavy duty sponge between the bracket and driver. Like they do in floating racks.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
nkdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 2:26pm
Thx    fore the replays, its not that much that i am moving the cabinets around, 
more that i am doing some to the driver it self, by adding some more materiel to the pole gab etc.
nkdk
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by nkdk nkdk wrote:

Thx    fore the replays, its not that much that i am moving the cabinets around, 
more that i am doing some to the driver it self, by adding some more materiel to the pole gab etc.
nkdk

No, I donĀ“t think that any external plate is going to effect the driver itself, but may cause damage to the magnet, housing, etc.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply