Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFA Warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FFA Warranty
    Posted: 11 November 2019 at 3:14pm
So I have a 6004 which I bought second hand has run fine till now ran kicks for two days at Notting hill. It's in brilliant condition for 4 years age next to no rash, no paint chips or anything.

It went down mid gig and won't turn back on. Mains was checked beforehand.

FFA saying the 5 year warranty doesn't cover it. I know this is the case with some companies but I thought not with FFA that the 5 year warranty would cover me it doesn't mention it cannot be transferred?

Anyone had any experience with this? I'm taking it in tomorrow:)

Edited by mattd - 11 November 2019 at 7:14pm
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 4:00pm
I have always assumed that all warranties on new equipment are non-transferable.

ie. Available to the original purchaser only.

When I have seen people selling secondhand equipment on ebay for example, and they say that that balance of the original manufacturer warranty is transferable to the new owner, I take this with "a pinch of salt".
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 4:12pm
Yeah I had been informed at some point (not by FFA) that the warranty was 5 years on each unit - seems I was wrongly informed  Hopefully it is a cheap fix then..
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by mattd mattd wrote:

Yeah I had been informed at some point (not by FFA) that the warranty was 5 years on each unit - seems I was wrongly informedĀ  Hopefully it is a cheap fix then..

The warranty is five years but very rarely is any warranty transferable on any product. This is the price you pay for lower cost second hand equipment.

Even if bought new a warranty is usually only valid if the product is registered too. Most companies will honour it if you have proof of original purchase mind.

Edited by toastyghost - 11 November 2019 at 5:31pm
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 7:03pm
Yeah i'm aware that is the case with most companies. I'm not sure why I thought wasn't the case with the FFAs - probably just believed someone when they said warranted was passed on for whatever reason. 

I'll drop it off tomorrow and see anyways :)

Edited by mattd - 11 November 2019 at 7:04pm
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2019 at 7:05pm
Issue was a power spike so my fault. Service offered was brilliant though :)
Dave FFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave FFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 11:05am
Good to meet you Matthew and I am glad the fix was relatively simple and low cost to repair. In terms of warranty and free of charge repairs I have always tried to offer good after sales care and most cases we have not charged for service of amplifiers. Most of the repairs in the past have been made by me. As FFA has grown over the years and running cost's such as service staff salaries are now incurred we have had to be more considered of the service costs. Our products are popular with those who use them in non professional applications which is great but the amps and other equipment suffer from use in extreme conditions. The amps are often badly stored in damp conditions after being exposed to high amounts of dust such as that found in the warehouses - railway sidings or the Portuguese desert. We do not charge to inspect customers amplifier's before repair. The amp in question amp was in good physical condition and fortunately the power spike had not caused expensive damage.  
 Post Reply Post Reply