Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crown XTI 2000 and XTI 4000 repaired

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crown XTI 2000 and XTI 4000 repaired
    Posted: 14 November 2019 at 1:01pm
Crown XTI 2000 and XTI 4000  repaired, XTI 2000 CH 1 DEAD, fake trannies used, also troubles in rail switching PWM part, XTI 4000 SMPS part blowed ugly, replaced almost all parts in this section including dual comparator part for startup and protection, all amp stages was OK.

Very dirty inside, I washed well all both PCB' with isoprophillic alcohol, 2 times to get them clean as new it was.

Videos are in Romanian, sorry bout that... Sleepy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLKAOr6r_7E&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrjdZWVoPmA&feature=youtu.be

Edited by DjLeco - 14 November 2019 at 1:04pm
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2019 at 6:47pm
I recall years ago many complained about these amplifiers not meeting their specifications yet, they exceed their specifications at 4 ohms per channel.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 9:36am
Problem is at these amps XTI Series , main supply was made for 230-240Vac. Most sokets are under 230Vac and power (those amps have not PFC or regulated supply), rails are dependant of mains supply. If soket are under 230Vac or sagging under load, so power will sag too... Also the rules of clipping limiter are made so way, so more clipping events determines more limmiting occurs, also if heatsinks of final stages goes above 70 celcius degrees, limiter on DSP starts to act too. So simple said, being one cheap series, what you got is what you paid.

Edited by DjLeco - 15 November 2019 at 12:19pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 10:59am
" So simple said, being one cheap series, what you got is what you paid."

I think that that goes for a lot of other things in sound - and most other fields in life. I notice that a lot of people on here - and that come to me for gear, or advice about gear, seem to focus on watts and price, rather than reliability. A big mistake IMHO.  Ouch

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 12:21pm
Sure! But anyone tries to make more money investing less money in equipement...

Quality and fiability are left on second or third place, unfortunately...

Edited by DjLeco - 15 November 2019 at 12:26pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 3:01pm
Yes - and also doesn´t help when the (historic) reliable brands start producing crap!   Unhappy

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 2:15am

The low voltage sag, would be the main reason why I've read about many complaining about these amplifiers in the States. The ones who usually buys the XTI Series in the States are the typical Garage Band/Small DJ that refuse to believe that they need more than 15 amperes for their events.

I guess that is the price a company pays for when they try to cater to the little guy that wants a motorcycle but only have the resources for a scooter.

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 16 November 2019 at 2:16am
Elliot Thompson
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 7:56pm
Very true! BIG LIKE!
 Post Reply Post Reply