Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TMS4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intgeniep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMS4
    Posted: 16 November 2019 at 5:58pm
Hello, is here someone who has some experience with Turbosound TMS 4 cabs and has an 8 pole connector to them? We have 4 of them, but there are no original drivers nor xovers in them. We are looking for some help to power them. Anybody who can help me?

kindly regards
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2019 at 7:53pm
Firstly I have no first hand experience of these cabs.

But I looked at the spec. sheet and it says that they are a bi-amped box with a recommended crossover frequency of 250Hz.

So if you have four boxes, and your 18's are 8 ohms each, then you could run two 18's off each side (4 ohm total) off a two channel amp.

If there are no crossovers already in the boxes then you will need to find four passive crossovers of the correct frequency / slope to split the the sound between the 10" mid and the hf, bearing in mind the impedence of each unit.

Once you have done this you should be fine running two 10's and two hf (ie two boxes)off each side of a two channel amp. The amp does not need to be as big as the one you use to power the 18's.

The wiring to parallel up two bi-amped boxes per side on a set-up powered by two amplifiers will be pretty straight forward.

Dont forget to set the limiters on your LMS properly before you test the system for the first time.

Hope this helps.
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2019 at 12:48am
Hi

this is easy

4+/- to 1"
3+/- to 10"
2+/- TO 18"
1+/- linked to output NL8

TMS-4 run 
1" 3K15Hz to Air, LR24
10" 250 to 5KHz LR24
18" 30 to 250Hz LR24

In the day we ran 
Crest Fa-901 on 1"
C-Audio SR 707 on 10s and 18s

My current rig uses

TSA 4-1200
-4dB on 1"
-1dB on 10"

SAE PCM-13

-2db on 18"
0dB to 21s

Note the 1s and 10s run OUT OF PHASE with  the 18" so either wire them backwards in the box or invert on the DSP, NEVER invert phase in an amp-rack as this is shoddy practice.

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
SpeakerFreaker0181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeakerFreaker0181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2019 at 7:20pm
Hey, my friend has 2 TMS4 crossovers. If you can use them let me know. 

Good luck with the sound :)
It's all about the bass!
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2019 at 11:37am
They are not crossovers as they do not split a frequency band, they are hi pass filters that need to be fed with a 250hz - 22khz signal and they let frequencies higher than 3.15k through to the compression driver, whilst the energy from 250hz to 3.15khz is dissapated as heat, it makes overdriving the mid high quite easy until the filter melts.   
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply