Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ETC EOS advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ETC EOS advice please
    Posted: 24 November 2019 at 10:29pm
So I'm looking at doing a gig at a venue that has an EOS system and they seem reluctant to let me bring my MQ100. If I cant convince them that I'd be much better using a desk I actually know does anyone have any experience/advice about the ETC system? I've looked at a bunch of the training videos and it looks like a completely different workflow to the Chamsys or Avo desks I'm used to... 
blah blah blah blah blah......
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 10:49pm
What is the venue? Depending on their infrastructure the ETC net2 and net3 nodes are sACN based, and I've run MQ desks into them without too many issues. As for their desks - never had the need to use them, so I'd be in the same boat as you. Unhelpful house techs on a theatre desk - smells like a council run venue...
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2019 at 11:22pm
Cheers, 'tis the RNCM. Got a site visit next week to go through stuff. Its for dance shows so solid time code stuff and I know I'll be sooooo much faster on my MQ. Never used sACN so will do a little bit of research and see what they say. The more I look at the EOS training videos the more I feel the creativity being sucked out of me... I'm sure if you know it then it can capable of great things, i'm just not sure i'm going to get on with it very well and we're going to have a few falling outs..... Confused
blah blah blah blah blah......
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2019 at 12:02am
Not one I've done, and isn't in my extensive venue specs shared folder. sACN is easy to use, unlike artnet it counts from 1 rather than 0, and ip addresses don't even need to be in the same range. I'm a convert and prefer it to artnet nowadays.

Post Reply Post Reply