Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJ mixer help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DJ mixer help
    Posted: 25 November 2019 at 8:57am
Hiya

Hoping you can help. I’ve got an Ecler Nuo 4.0 and it’s great. Really love playing with it. 

It’s got a send/return loop and I tried to integrate a Pioneer RMX-500 FX unit, but I’m getting confused. There’s an aux send potentiometer for each channel which sends that channel to the FX, but then there’s also what appears to be a master send potentiometer and then also a return potentiometer. It’s these last two that are confusing me. Is the ‘master’ one a mix send? I don’t know that the return one does at all!

I sold the unit because, unless you run it fully wet, the delay in the signal path causes annoying phasing. I’m considering getting another one, as I can probably get used to it and learn how to use it properly, but I don’t know how the mixer works properly. I’ve read the manual, but it is vague on this point!

Thanks all

Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2019 at 10:02am
Master send is what varies the TOTAL auxillary send level. This is how much overall aux signal is sent to the effects processor. Set this to zero for example and no send signal will be sent to the EFX processor, irrespective  of the individual channel aux send levels. Effects return  control varies how much of the signal from the EFX processor is returned back into the mixers audio path.

Master output level is what controls the level to your amplifier from your mixer. This control comes after you have mixed all inputs and auxillary return.. Hope this makes sense.

The mixer manual should show a signal flow  diagram which should make things clearer if necessary.

Edited by Pinyorouk - 25 November 2019 at 10:17am
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2019 at 10:28am
Thanks for the reply - yes I found the flow diagram and it became clear
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
 Post Reply Post Reply