Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beyma vs Faital Pro 2" Compression drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReubGold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beyma vs Faital Pro 2" Compression drivers
    Posted: 09 December 2019 at 1:18pm
Need to buy some more 2" Comps, and my old favorite is Beyma CP750TI.

Was told to look at Faital Pro 2" as well, as some units are slightly cheaper, and have better response above 10K.

True, false, maybe !?

Relevant Comments/opinions please.
If he turns me into a zombie, first person I'm coming after is you.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 11:49pm
None of the above. RCF N950.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
splodge360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splodge360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 12:33am
LineArrayHire

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

None of the above. RCF N950.

Very good suggestion, but is a bit pricey..

My question is, would flattening eq, not also make these competitive, at cheaper price?

Faital Pro HF201

Faital Pro HF200AP

Edited by levyte357- - 10 December 2019 at 2:38pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 11:26am
Problem is you can’t just compare the manufacturers’ plots without considering the horn they were measured on as well.

That’s without even considering that you very, very rarely get distortion plots, even on-axis or off-axis plots of magnitude and distortion.

There’s no substitute for making your own measurements on your own horn(s).
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by splodge360 splodge360 wrote:

or try something new ?
https://www.lean-business.co.uk/eshop/celestion-axi2050-axiperiodic-driver-p-3044.html
<h1 id="productName" ="productGeneral" style="font-size: 1.5em; color: rgb154, 154, 154; margin: 0.3em 0px; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">and horn </h1>

140db down to 400hz, you can get rid of most of your mid drivers too!

The SPL data given is on a very specific test setup. Check the demo horn and the data for that, it’s not quite so impressive in the simple numbers.

If you want a good price vs performance ratio then the Eminence ring radiators are worth a look. Specifically the N320T-8. I would still suggest borrowing a bunch from friends or putting aside the budget to buy some sample units if you’re serious about getting the best result. It would of course be nice if distributors carried demo stock too.
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 12:28pm
Faital cd measurements always show a lot of output in the last octave, almost flat, but when you see indipendent measurements often the last octave drops in level like every other cd.
I suspect this is down to measuring with tractrix horns, that measure flatter on axis but are not constant directivity.
Just my thoughts, but those faital measurements Always seemed to good to me.

The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

Faital cd measurements always show a lot of output in the last octave, almost flat, but when you see indipendent measurements often the last octave drops in level like every other cd.
I suspect this is down to measuring with tractrix horns, that measure flatter on axis but are not constant directivity.

A good place to check for far more in-depth measurements and data on any drivers and such is the AudioXpress Voice Coil magazine. Subscriptions are free albeit cumbersome to sign up for. You get an email with a summary but you need to go to the website for the full PDF which has a lot more data. Some stuff is on the website as an archive too.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

Above HF201 plot, is with 90x40, which puts smile on my face, as I intend to use them, with exceedingly good 90x40 horns.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 3:23pm
Nominal dispersion alone does not tell the whole story. For example look at faital 60 degree tractrix horns vs 18sound xt1464 horns polars and directivity, you Will see that the 18sound One has fare more uniform behaviour, so maybe the tractrix Will measure nicer on axis and on data sheet, but Will not hold as good off axis(where most of the listeners are)...
So i doubt that 2 inch 90 degree horn Will keep that hf output off axis.
But i am just guessing and don't know that 90x40 horn.

Edited by Jo bg - 10 December 2019 at 3:25pm
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 3:39pm
Yes i have seen the faital tests Toasty mentions, and others... The 60 degree 1.4  tractrix for example Is down 13 db at 10khz 30degrees off axis, and holds the nominal -6db@30degrees only until 3.5 kHz, being allready -9 at 5khz.... 
Again i donn t know what 90x40 horns they use, but i would be surprised if you could get that frequency response on a 2 inch 90 degree cd horn without CD correction.
If that horn exist let me know!
 Post Reply Post Reply