Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 8" Midbass - Phase Plug or Radial Horn? Attempt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8" Midbass - Phase Plug or Radial Horn? Attempt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8" Midbass - Phase Plug or Radial Horn? Attempt
    Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:17pm
Design for a Phase Bung or Radial Horn (86hz - 1000hz "ish") - 8" driver. 

Not sure this is a good idea. Anyone know any good reading sources for Phase plugs. Havent looked at path length or wavenlength. Just used a general rule of making the throat small and as a ring. I just simmed a 2 section conical horn and calulated the area of the rings. Its a Ported Horn. I tried to sim phase plugs using a throat adaptor in Hornresp but the flare I couldnt figure out. 

Not sure if this is going to work or be any good. The dotted line is what I plan to model when I know the depth of the driver....Thoughts?

ARR_PG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARR_PG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 2:51am
Ive simmed a throat chamber with a small volume.  I understand how to sim phase plugs in hornresp but not sure on the flare. The Ap1 is the length, Vtc is the volume betwwen the driver and Atc s the baffle hole. Cant figure out how its flares to the S1. 
 Post Reply Post Reply