Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help Boss R12002

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help Boss R12002
    Posted: 04 January 2020 at 9:57pm
So I have a Boss R12002 car amp, it shuts my power supply off, right when i put the remote cable.
Can someone give me some repair advise? 
I made a video see link below.

https://mega.nz/#!iqIigaRa!rCiLf1twrf4WYUeEog42yjLCRFIoeB35xGv3Xi9Wyj8

BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 12:32am
Originally posted by Leonardo Leonardo wrote:

So I have a Boss R12002 car amp, it shuts my power supply off, right when i put the remote cable.
Can someone give me some repair advise? 
I made a video see link below.

https://mega.nz/#!iqIigaRa!rCiLf1twrf4WYUeEog42yjLCRFIoeB35xGv3Xi9Wyj8

Did you try connecting the remote cable before turning on the power ???
It's a difficult choice, would you rather have:

A: A vegan son.
B: An OnlyFans daughter
Leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 7:52am
Yes sir I did, but I get the same result
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 10:53am
Check the remote cable is correctly wired for polarity. 
jackSpug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackSpug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 4:30pm
Try putting a link cable between the 12v+ on the amp to the remote input. If amp fires up it's a fault with the remote from the head unit

Edited by jackSpug - 05 January 2020 at 4:31pm
two people use this account
Leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 10:32am
yes it is
Leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by jackSpug jackSpug wrote:

Try putting a link cable between the 12v+ on the amp to the remote input. If amp fires up it's a fault with the remote from the head unit

also tried that, same results
Leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 10:38am
I had early removed the driver transistors to see if the Power Supply (PS) section is good or not, and as result the PS section is fine. So i checked driver transistors (according to it's datasheet) and they are working as they should. So i went further on to check the output transistors, surprisingly they were also good. Don't see any blown caps or resistors.. So that is wondering me where the heck the problem is. Cry
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 12:46pm
If the amp is working normally and only faults when you enable the remote input, then it isn't going to be a fault with the amplifiying circuitry.
Leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2020 at 7:17am
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

If the amp is working normally and only faults when you enable the remote input, then it isn't going to be a fault with the amplifiying circuitry.
Where should I look then for the fault?
 Post Reply Post Reply