Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAM15 38 days live show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THAM15 38 days live show
    Posted: 06 January 2020 at 11:36am
Just to add my feedback after putting my 4 THAM15, 15TBX100 loaded, to use.

They were used for 38 days in a row. Mid highs were 2x12"+2" MTM arrangement.
From playback to live bands and shows outside on small square.
 They were powered by FP10000Q. Limited of course by Dynacord DSP260(EV DC ONE)

The thing that put the biggest smile on my face was when some band that played new years eve asked if there is gonna be some kick drum and bass heard through those little bins because they are only 15".

After 5 seconds there were no more questions LOL

Malina Audio
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 12:02pm
People really underestimate what you can get out of a 15 inch driver.

My double 15 subs had our 500 capacity NYE venue rattling, floors vibrating all the way back the room and the perspex strips in front of  the lights at the edge of the room visibly jumping and making a horrible noise. Spent most of set up trying to isolate this but couldnt, just had to turn it down in the end and still had a lady half way back with her hands over her ears. My br setup is much less efficient than tapped horns too. 

martinsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martinsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 12:03pm
Great feedback malina, although great or useful/valuable feedback can also be negative, I'm very happy to hear that the THAM15's met your expectations and preformed as intended throughout all of the 38 days (must be some sort of record).

The TBX100 is hardly a new line of drivers but they are indeed very good, still that alone is not enough to keep you going, great care during setup, reliable gear, great attention and knowledge was obviously also applied in this case.
Swedish Pro-fi diy-nerd - http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/
MrScy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 9:47am
The THAM is awesome, considering they are a tiny box.
montek.co.za
elmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 8:48pm
What is the best current source of info on building THAMs? I like their small size. Do you think they would work well with the PM90 design on top?
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2021 at 8:09am
Search engine skills nowadays......

Post Reply Post Reply