Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT4H building plan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 10:53am
Go on John, write that book!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

As everyone knows EV MT system was SSEs standard Go TO rig for many years and I have heard them sound quite good in many applications but never sounding great.
The sub does perform well but it is the mid/hi cab that is bad---SSE replaced MT with Nexo Alpha and never looked back as the Nexo just blew the MT rigs away in every way including the dreaded truck pack but alas that has now gone to be replaced by a bloody line array.

When I came up to Uni in 2001 the main rig in the Union venue was EAW KF series - massively heavy, and we had to fly and unfly the tops twice a week, and the bass was disappointing. 
Then in the summer of 2002 we bought the entire Leeds Festival Radio 1 Stage audio production from SSE, which was a large Alpha system complete with desks and racks, and Betamax wedges. It arrived straight out of the field with the mud still on it. My GOD it was so much better! 
It's still there to this day, doing sterling work. But I guess even 18 years ago, SSE were already moving on the Nexo to replace it with other things!
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12