Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time 'tuning'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time 'tuning'
    Posted: 20 January 2020 at 10:13pm
Im going to be helping out with a new club night and am intending to add a little extra to the inhouse system (existing speakers are very badly placed and compounded by a split floor between dance floor and bar)
Will be taking my MTH30 / Mycro 8 combo so want to actually spend a little time getting it sounding right. I have yet to do any audio analysis of either of my systems, so wondered if there was a quick way of getting me in the ballpark, what I should be looking for on REW or Audio Tool (an android app I have)
Pink noise, white noise or tones set around crossover settings - this is all very new, its about time I started to do things properly 
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2020 at 11:37pm
Sounds like you need to take enough to cover club, and turn house system off
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Sounds like you need to take enough to cover club, and turn house system off

Thats a good shout! Its a very intimate setting, so it really doesnt need much at all, Ive played there once before (hence bringing a little extra) as I think actually gettting speakers off the floor and above head height will make a massive difference, nobody needs HF at knee height LOL
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 11:38am
Sounds like the club needs an overhaul. 

Id do the same. Enough gear to cover the whole thing and turn the house system off. We do that at a venue we use. Its easier, leaves you totally in control and sounds better. 
IainB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IainB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by JonB67 JonB67 wrote:

Sounds like the club needs an overhaul. 

Id do the same. Enough gear to cover the whole thing and turn the house system off. We do that at a venue we use. Its easier, leaves you totally in control and sounds better. 

Im starting to think that may well be the best idea, in which case I definitley need to know how to get the best out of it! It is a small venue it really doesnt need much, but want to make sure im getting the best out of what I am taking 
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 10:26pm
set it up in a field, garden or whatever, setup roughly to spec of what gear you're using, then fettle until happy.

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
 Post Reply Post Reply