Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

18” driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 18” driver
    Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:27pm
I’ve purchased 4 18” fane colouss drivers for a sound system, just wondering what to put them in. I made another topic asking some basic questions and got told the x1 would be best but that’s 15”? So wondering if a hog scoop or something like a super scoop would be best, Will be using this stack for drum and bass and jungle.
TIA
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:34pm
x1 probably won't be best and it's not 15" either..
which exact drivers have you got? 18xb, or 18b, or 18sb etc. all a bit different.
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:38pm
Super scoops will work great with xb's as will a simple reflex box such as the b&c sub18 design.. there is also the classic g-sub which xb's work nicely in.. post some photos of the build whatever you decide on 
Reverence Sound system

scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:46pm
Xb, no idea where I got the 15” from them my bad 
scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:48pm
Yes I will do, just deciding on what to build is the hard part. I’ve never built a system before and I’m just trying to run a small party
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 4:54pm
Scoops are relatively hard to build and are quite large to store/transport, reflex a bit smaller and usually simple builds.. someting like a g-sub or sub18 with the rectangular port makes building fairly simple with only square cuts to do.. scoops do hoof out the bass however..

Reverence Sound system

scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 5:31pm
What are hog scoops made out of? Could you link me some designs. I’ve look at a few different ones but it only shows dimensions. storage and transport will not be a issue in my case so I’m not to worried about that.
dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 6:54pm
Most designs call for 18mm ply... or you can use mdf.. most of the designs are on the sp home page or just use google for other plans

Reverence Sound system

Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2020 at 8:01pm
If you're  after scoops then I'd recommend the eminence scoop design as good one for that driver. Some other scoopists might have something more modern but I liked them.

We had 4 with those drivers for DnB/Jungle many years ago in Bristol and they were serious.
Don't test the champignon sound
 Post Reply Post Reply