Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pkn XD4000 high pitched Noise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 6:30pm
Yeah those measurements had nothing connected to the inputs. The amp did take a knock to the rack ear next the power supply when it was first shipped to me so wondering if this is a knock on effect. Does anyone know who deals with PKN servicing in the UK? Amp was bought second hand so there's no warranty.
Pick & Mix Soundsystem
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 9:23am
If the case cracks or bends you should not turn it on, safety issues?

Servicing in Hungary is extremely cheap and you can be sure that got original replacement parts so I think you should send it to PKN.
dnbpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnbpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 10:01am
It was only a rear rack ear that bent and I have used it several times without issue it’s only when I’ve come to test some new speakers a few weeks ago I noticed this sound.

I’d prefer to avoid shipping costs involved with the amp going back to Hungary if there is a support network in the UK.
Pick & Mix Soundsystem
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 11:21am
Originally posted by dnbpc dnbpc wrote:

It was only a rear rack ear that bent and I have used it several times without issue it’s only when I’ve come to test some new speakers a few weeks ago I noticed this sound.

I’d prefer to avoid shipping costs involved with the amp going back to Hungary if there is a support network in the UK.

Blue Aran stock PKN so may be able to help, Parcelforce charge about £60 with £1000 insurance to Hungary, if you have a student who can send it for you they can get a 40% discount via Unidays.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12