Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap amp for subs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tortillaflat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap amp for subs
    Posted: 06 March 2020 at 1:54pm
Hi guys
i Need an idea for a  light-weight amp, 2x1000 w @8om for my two wedding dj 15 inch subs
will be used only for subs, on weddings , no kick-drums, no bands, nothing, just dj
Here're the subs  http://www.bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=bms_15n850v2 - http://www.bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=bms_15n850v2

500 euro tops

i was looking for T-amp models
the new Lab PDX 3000
some china fp-coppies
Beringer NX6000

DSP is not nessessery, most important is the weight
Chris Grimshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Grimshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2020 at 8:52am
NX6000 would do the job just fine.

You've got some nice drivers there, and they would stand more power if you had the option. I can't think of many other budget amps that would do what you need, though.

If the rest of your system is also passive, consider the NX4-6000. You can bridge it to make an NX6000, or leave it as 2x NX3000 in one box in case another amp goes down.

Chris
Quality sound from Sheffield
www.grimshawaudio.com
tortillaflat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tortillaflat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2020 at 12:08pm
Thank you very much

i was thinking about this new Lab, the price is not so much more. 
But since the NX has a 4-channel mode, maybe i can try it
yes, my system is all-passive
here are the tops - they're 4 om, i have to be carefull

Edited by tortillaflat - 07 March 2020 at 12:15pm
burkm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 1:59pm
The measured power output per channel für a Behringer NX-6000D was measured by several people like teslaman and others. 
The numbers were about 1.16kW into 8 Ohms, 1.80kW into 4 Ohms for Bass duty.
Those are not sinewave RMS values, which are lower, but raw output power for typical music content.

The NX-6000D has an integrated DSP, which works quite well. The NX-6000 is the pure power amp. Both can't be bridged because they are already bridged internally. The NX4-6000 is the 4-channel version, which is not internally bridged, but because of this has lower power output per channel, but can be bridged, if needed. 

There is another (new) variant, the Lab-Gruppen PDX3000, which has the same SMPS power supply as the NX-6000D but a different power amp structure. Neither one is bridgeable.  Note: Lab.Gruppen and Behringer are members of the same holding group, MusicTribe of USA. 
It's quite hard to get hold of one right how, probably because of the known corona virus circumstances (Made in China), and are somewhat more expensive.

None of them will hold their power output though if a sustained bass is kept on going for some time, because the SMPS won't be able to deliver enough power over a sustained period of time.

Edited by burkm - 19 March 2020 at 2:42pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tortillaflat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 3:44pm
So, both the NX and PDX will be enough for me 
the subs are only two, so it's ok 
maybe NX 4 is good idea, but no DSP
PDX is nice choise, ppl say it's beringer in different box, but it's LAB, i don't thing they'll risk their reputation with bullshit model. 
burkm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 4:06pm
I have one here right now and it's the same SMPS power supply like the Behringer NX-6000D, as far as I can see, but has a completely different power amp section. The printed circuit boards are lacquered black and have LAB.Gruppen printed on them. Fan conception is the same as on the current Behringer NX-6000D.
Have not use it yet, because it just arrived yesterday.

Edited by burkm - 19 March 2020 at 4:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tortillaflat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 4:33pm
i'll be very grateful if you share your experience with the PDX soon. the real wattage is all i need
burkm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2020 at 4:56pm
The amps casing and else look quite sturdy.
I already "published" some photos from the innards of the L.G PDX3000 in the thread, which is dedicated to this amp. 
I won't be able to measure any power output though, because I am gonna use it mainly for driving two Quake Q10B tactile transducers.
 Post Reply Post Reply