Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Building A Sound System From Scratch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onwundinjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 7:57pm
Aha nice, will take a look at the X1'S as well.

Could you point me in a couple of places to look in terms of buying second hand kit.
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 10:04pm
rig re-sale on facebook and other pages like it are great. ebay ebay ebay.
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 10:22pm
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FabricationDeCaissons/ may also be helpful for occasional second hand info, being that you're just over the border. worth asking existing crews in Basque & Catalonia if they have similar forums. 

take your time, learn until it is second nature. don't get carried away with yourself and blow all your money. the point about second hand pro audio coming up as companies everywhere liquidate excess inventory is spot on.
Jago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 4:49pm
Man you sound like you know what you're talking about. I know nothing about building a sound. Equipment connection etc I don't realise there is so much calculation and ohms ohm involved. I've always been a mic man back in the day. Never did trouble the rig. I just want to build something for my yard 1x18 bin 1x15 1x tops then double up from that. I'd love to build my own box so looking into the skills I need in wood work. Hated it in school. I've got fbq Beringer and a crown xls 1002 drivecore amp. I know I need more amps and looking at macro tech 3600vc or QSC. I'm yet to get a drive rack maybe something from dbx. Any help will be appreciated 
nejten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nejten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 5:23pm
Advice I can give at this stage is be patient and learn as much as you can about soundsystems and everything related to it! I have started pretty recently with my soundsystem, and I wish I started it now instead of a year ago when I almost knew nothing. If you dont mind making mistakes and spending more because of them, ignore this advice but I personally wanted to get it right from the start! This is a hobby where you will never EVER stop learning new stuf. I bet the sound guru's on this forum still learn new stuff all the time. Also dont be scared to ask lots of questions. The audio community is very friendly (most of the timeWink) so dont hesitate messaging people on fb or on speakerplans. 

Good luck with your project!
From small acorns oak trees grow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12