Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PPX service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PPX service
    Posted: 29 March 2020 at 8:28pm
As many will know I rather like PPX amplifiers, and asking me if I’d like another one is very much the same as asking me if I’d like another beer!
As such, when a forum member offered me 2 recently I got them paid for and on their way to me.

Work is shut down at the moment, so to keep myself occupied I’m going to be giving them a stripdown for a good clean and a look over during this week.
I’ll post up some pictures and my findings during the week if anyone is interested?
100% Earth Moving Bass
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2020 at 9:12pm
I have an early ppx900 that is in need of a new switch. I don't suppose you know of a source?
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2020 at 10:49pm
The early type switches I believe were custom made for the PPX and have not been available for a long time. I think you can still get hold of the front panel conversion which then takes the later type switch.
100% Earth Moving Bass
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2020 at 11:18am
Early Arrow switch suffers from a little bit of plastic that wears internally,so the contacts do not make a firm contact,arc,and then burn. They can melt completely. As stated,a conversion to the later rocker switch is still avilable,but the panels they supply are unpainted,so you will loose the graphics on that panel.

I did a modification of the original panel on one,and fitted a standard 22mm rocker. It is possible,if a little time consuming.

Edited by jbl_man - 31 March 2020 at 4:12pm
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply