Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ORBITS (price)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 817718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ORBITS (price)?
    Posted: 01 April 2020 at 8:59am
Hi Team,

Hoping everyone is being safe during this crazy time and that you are finding some enjoyment out of your quarantine ;-)  

I just have a quick question regarding price for some used Orbits. I'm currently in negotiations with a seller who is asking 2000e for 4x orbits (with shipping included). They are 3 years old speakers but the 12" drivers were replaced with Neo's about 2 years ago. 

I spoke to some of my very knowledgeable friends already about this who mentioned that 2k was abit much. He suggested more in range of 350euro per speaker. Im hoping to get more peoples opinion/thoughts on this if possible? 

Thanking You,
Binnie

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 9:29am
New they are around 800e (incl VAT) each, so if they are in good condition I would say 2000e for 4 is not that bad. I've seen secondhand's go for more, without the neo LF.
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 11:10am
4 new standard Orbit 4s are currently 2680Euro (£600.00 each) Inc. Vat, with 1 year warranty and you know they haven’t been abused.  The neo version are another 67Euro (£60.00) each Inc. vat (@ 2948Euro for four Inc. vat) 

To me 2000Euro sounds a little expensive when compared to the new price considering you get no warranty and an unknown history, also I’d be asking questions i.e. who replaced the drivers and if not Soundgear, are they the correct ones etc.?

Edited by APW - 01 April 2020 at 11:11am
817718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 817718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 4:22pm
Thanks guys for the quick response. Haha! Well it looks like i got advice from complete opposite sides :-) I tended to think also that 2k was maybe abit high based on some of the same points that APW mentioned. By the way, thanks for that. It didnt even occur to me to ask about who did the replacement and also if they were the correct ones. He answered me there just few mins ago and said he was involved in the project to find the drivers (with James?) via some beta testing?? Anyways, i think i will just pay him the 2k.  Finally getting some new tops! How exciting :-D  

BTW: are these the correct NEO drivers?
https://faitalpro.com/en/products/LF_Loudspeakers/product_details/index.php?id=151050110

Edited by 817718 - 01 April 2020 at 4:25pm
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 4:57pm
James aka Timebomb on this forum, is the designer of the Orbit range of speakers and owns Soundgear.

Re the correct Neos: PM Timebomb and talk to the main man, if what has been told to you is true he will also know the seller.

Good Luck.

Edited by APW - 01 April 2020 at 5:00pm
817718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 817718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 5:11pm
Perfect. Thanks again
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2020 at 7:01pm
Yep Alex helped testing various 12", yep its the 12FH520.  I think you can be quite confident they have been looked after if you buy those ones off Alex / Sasha, he knows what hes doing they wont of been abused.    

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply