Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lase elx118p question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lase elx118p question
    Posted: 07 April 2020 at 2:17am
Good day,

Item link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Amplifier-Module-Electro-Voice-EV-ELX118P-Power-Sub-Speaker-w-DSP/233171771487?pageci=cdeadf30-9879-44bd-a1af-a6e56f62056e&epid=9030602449

Decided to get two of these modules off ebay at 15 a piece, can anyone give me any type of information if this can work if I use it on a b&ctbx100 15 or 18 In a tham 15 or 18 box or a bass reflex box ? I know it says 500wrms at 8ohm I don't know if it does that. Really really appreciate the feedback. Again I know it's a small amount of power but I would just rather not have a bunch of processors and heavy amps to set up and move with to stick to Powered stuff plug and play. 

Just for some context I already own a pair of the eV zlx-12p tops and I just want two separate subs to go with them for  a small home entertainment system. Would like to get it to play generally 35hz( I know it's low idk if doable) to 100hz(idk if doable) 

Ps just want something simple to build to give me a bit of low end responses.

Help anyone, with a preferred box or lf driver... Plus I can use in small open areas and maintain some OK sub range frequencies
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2020 at 2:36am
Yes that will work but you don't need a TBX with that amp... kind of a waste. If you have plans to upgrade the amp at a later date then of course that changes things but if not something like a Eminence Kappa ProLF or equivalent would do the trick and save you some $$.

That appears to be a nice little amp, of course 500w isn't much these days and the amp isn't much to look at but that is the story with digital plate amps. The EV ELX amp isn't any more impressive looking and it doesn't have DSP so that one is better in that regard.
Peebs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peebs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 12:27am
OK thanks sir, quick question though, how would the jbl 2226h work with the limited power I have in a bass reflex box? 
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 3:26pm
The JBL would do fine, it's efficient and works in a wide range of enclosure sizes.
 Post Reply Post Reply