Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FreeParty SoundSystem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agctek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FreeParty SoundSystem
    Posted: 08 April 2020 at 4:51am

Hi everyone!

I'm from Spain and I discovered the free party scene 4 years ago. Since then, I dreamed with having my own rig. And now, the time has arrived.

The initial budget is about 3000€. Around 50-100 people will come to our parties and we're going to play all the genres related to the scene: from frechcore to psytrance, from drum and bass to hardtek.

Seeing a lot of rigs from Instagram, I've seen that so many collectives use the MHB-4818, so maybe I could use it too? or maybe the JBL-4818? (I dont know the difference) 
http://www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/14-plans/basscab/12-mhb-4818
http://hornplans.free.fr/4818

For the mid-sub, I have no idea. Maybe 2xCubo15?
http://hornplans.free.fr/cubo15

For the mids-highs, maybe two X-Tro or two MT-130?
http://www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/15-plans/midtopcab/38-test
http://www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/15-plans/midtopcab/35-mt-130

I'm feel "a bit" lost, so I would apreciate any kind of help!

Edited by agctek - 08 April 2020 at 4:51am
Noyzmunky View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noyzmunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 9:08am
go out and listen to rigs, decide what bins you like the sound of. those old school bins are just that....very old. They also don't play very low. More of a bass/kick bin You will struggle to load the Xtro I believe, drivers getting scarce.

if you have a budget of 3000e buy second hand pro kit. You wont get far with wood, drivers and additional with 3k if you want to build them fresh. Unless you're a professional joiner the outcome will likely sound a bit..... diy...
my name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!.
JBK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 9:30am
Agreed, the bass bins you stated are not suited for some genres that need some serious low end.
Side note, MHB-4818 is the revisited version of the old jbl, so supposedly better with modern drivers.
If you begin and you're a bit lost, don't panic, but spend your money wisely, as said by monkey lee, try to find some bargain on 2nd hand pro equipment that you can listen beforehand, and go listen plenty of different systems to get an idea of the cabs before investing.
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 9:54am
" if you have a budget of 3000e buy second hand pro kit. You wont get far with wood, drivers and additional with 3k if you want to build them fresh. Unless you're a professional joiner the outcome will likely sound a bit..... diy...

+1

There are a lot of bargains around at the moment.

For example, a friend of mine has some Martin H3+ and Meyer 650P´s for sale, which together would make a great starter system. Only problem would be smuggling them around the country at the moment!!  LOL Shocked LOL

Where exactly are you?

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 10:02am
Xtro for 50-100 ppl LOLLOLLOLLOL

mik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2020 at 6:25pm
2 (or 4) hr118 or sbh, 2 bph238 or usb and 2 mt130 per side and you will blow ears away, easy as bread
agctek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agctek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2020 at 1:14am
Hi! I'm from Alicante, Spain
 Post Reply Post Reply