Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mode Arcline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 3:14pm
I had about a dozen pieces of this back in the day.
I particularly well remember a squat party where I put 6 lengths along the ceiling of a coridor and another 6 along the floor in the opposite ditrection. Made it seem like the corridor was tumbling forwards and totally fucked up your balance and coordination. Smile
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Andylaser Andylaser wrote:

I had about a dozen pieces of this back in the day.
I particularly well remember a squat party where I put 6 lengths along the ceiling of a coridor and another 6 along the floor in the opposite ditrection. Made it seem like the corridor was tumbling forwards and totally fucked up your balance and coordination. Smile

Just what you want after 2 Mitzi turbos at 5am.
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2020 at 4:30pm
Does a modern equivalent exist of arcline?

Cheers,

Dupe....
Dupe...
Boxes-R-Blue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxes-R-Blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 10:07pm
A bit like Strobe flowers, there will never be a "modern equivilent" but there are lots of less deadly options, Pixel Tape, even some of the better segmented batterns could all do the "arc-line" thing but you'll never have the fun of 1200mm of springy tinned copper (AKA BARE) wire connected directly to rectified mains wandering about on you bench as you try fault find a 4017 decade counter run hilariously off +340V line with +335V as earth....

What could go wrong????? 

Kinda Been there, Kinda done that, YOU COULDN'T handle my bar bill!
Harry A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2020 at 10:55pm
I was rather fascinated with arcline when I started out in this line of work not too long ago. I often hired it out when I could for our student night club and have fond memories of making IEC extensions for it and accidentally cutting though a lead when connected to the controller. The rectified mains made for a decent flash and left a rather nice circular hole in my wire cutters.

Live and learn, right?
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 10:10am
Nice sparkly christmas job in today! Out with the scope and isolation transformer for fault finding. Not for the inexperienced unless you're tired of life.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 16 December 2022 at 10:11am
Kevin

North Staffordshire

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2022 at 10:13am

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 16 December 2022 at 10:19am
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12