Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mt122 mt130 hybrid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayupsot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mt122 mt130 hybrid
    Posted: 14 April 2020 at 4:14am
Hi, bit of a noob, just to clarify I mean the drivers above and below the tweeter as in mt122 but with the shape of the 130.  I'd appreciate if anyone could let me know why this might not work and/or weather the differances between mt121 and 130 would still apply with a mt122 and mt130(hybrid). Also I dont know if this already exists so would be thankful for any help or info
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2020 at 12:41pm
Vertical Mid-High-Mid config makes the vertical dispersion symetrical up and down as opposed to having Mid-Mid-High, that makes it somewhat less "nice" in terms of dispersion, though proper time-allignement ( phsyical and/or electronical ) between mids and high does make up for that to a great extend.
Time-allignement is also needed in this so-called d'Appolito configuration (yes, there's a name for it).
A downside to this config could be that the highs don't come phsysically high enough to reach over the heads, when stacked on top of a (sub)bass.
It would not be an industry first for sure, so go ahead if this config suits your needs.
 Post Reply Post Reply