Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Funktion one r2sh with f218

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funktion one r2sh with f218
    Posted: 21 April 2020 at 10:31pm
Anyone have experience with this setup,how does it sounds?
I ask because the crossover point from 218 to 8" in res2sh is at 250hz
How f218 sounds playing so high?
thanks
R2SH with F118/F218
ComponentDelay (ms)PolarityHigh Pass Freq (Hz)High Pass TypeLow Pass Freq (Hz)Low Pass TypeRelative Gain (dB)
18"0+3224dB But250

Edited by lickweed - 22 April 2020 at 7:52am
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2020 at 1:53pm
I have no experience of Funktion One, but taking an 18 up to 250Hz did seem a little optimistic to me.

So I looked at the spec. for the 218 mk2 which I have attached below.

https://ibb.co/QvqZVJK

The frequency response (+/- 3db)is quoted as 45 to 225 Hz.

I suppose there is a compromise in that an 18" is having to go high enough to met an 8" in the res2 sh, when normally it would not have to go up so high to meet a res 4 for example, which has got a larger low-mid driver.

So there will be a dip in the system frequency response in the crossover region.

Whether this matters that much in a real world situation I am not sure.
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2020 at 2:15pm
Thanks for reply,anyone heard this setup?

monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2020 at 2:25pm
Did run f218 + AX88 for a very short while at those kinds of frequencies and was never really satisfied.
blah blah blah blah blah......
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2020 at 2:36pm
how f218 sounded playing that high?
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2020 at 2:52pm
yes I have and owned & decided I prefer the old turbo Tse boxes with the ls1802 a altogether 
more responsive smaller voice coil & lighter cone driver than the 186 in the F118/F218 but with some judicious tweaks a reasonably balanced sound is achievable

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
re-production View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote re-production Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2020 at 3:52pm
It is workable but not an ideal set up, you really need the 15". This setup lacks depth and sacrifices the kick.
I don't like to run F218 too much above 100hz unless there is something else underneath them.
Rogerfunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogerfunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 5:07pm
I do have 2 x F218 with 2 x EVO6 and 4 x F118MK1 with 4 x Res2. All processed with XTA X04 and amplified with MC2 and Powersoft.

Obviously I like much more the subs with Evo6 than with Res2. It ads one more way channel (a 15"), however, considering weight and performance, for daily use as mobile organizer and managing several DJ sets (currently 5), I must admit the sound rocks. It does not have the bass I get with my EVs, but it has a "punch" tipical from F1 that makes the people dance and finaly the portability makes a difference.
Rogerfunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogerfunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2020 at 3:31pm
I do have 2 x F218 with 2 x EVO6 and 4 x F118MK1 with 4 x Res2. All processed with XTA X04 and amplified with MC2 and Powersoft.

Obviously I like much more the subs with Evo6 than with Res2. It ads one more way channel (a 15"), however, considering weight and performance, for daily use as mobile organizer and managing several DJ sets (currently 5), I must admit the sound rocks. It does not have the bass I get with my EVs, but it has a "punch" tipical from F1 that makes the people dance and finaly the portability makes a difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply