Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockdown Audio - A 12v 3way Small Rig Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 11:41am
Couple little changes. Took out all the egg foam stuffing and fitted a few pieces of dacron stuffing to the middle of opposing walls like suggested.

Added foam gasket to the drivers.

And changed the old bolts to stainless steel. As the old bolts were just standard black ones and had started to show signs of rust. 

Will test it out soon and see if it sounds any better like that. Thanks again for your help people.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 11:53am
I remember a friend of mine making a similar cabinet in the early 90s. All we had to go on back then was a "Loudspeaker Design and Construction" by Eminence.... Anyway, he wanted to add a little more flexibility by porting it like yours, but he added a thread to the pipe and capped it so it could be used as sealed or reflex. I can't remember if I ever listened to the difference, but as someone else said you might be better off trying that cab sealed with some eq to the bandpass.

I've been meaning to try out what Brazil can bring to the party myself, but it might work for you!

Edited by Lucasdude - 14 May 2022 at 12:03pm
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 12:46pm
Yeh id be lost without this forum, i couldnt of done anything just from a book haha. Fairplay for doing so though!

Ah yeh i will give that a go too with trying it sealed. I guess i can just bung something tight in the port to test it out to see if it like it before commiting?

I have a dsp the t.racks one seems real good. I guess that one in the link seems similar?
This one:

Edited by Jack1991 - 14 May 2022 at 12:47pm
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 12:56pm
I'm only suggesting you consider an automotive solution because its likely to work better on a wider input voltage range like your car amps, can be used standalone, has more outputs and can provide a higher voltage output.
Fyi, the same company does a range of chargers/DC psus which I've found quite interesting. A 12v system is great until it runs out of juice and those products can power a lot of amps and charge multiple batteries simultaneously.

Edited by Lucasdude - 14 May 2022 at 12:59pm
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:03pm
Doesn’t have to be anything special, socks or jumpers work for blocking the port. 
Jack1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 3:13pm
Cool cheers man thats good to know for future. Ill have a proper look at them later when home.

Nice thats good ill test it out aswell see how it sounds with the port blocked. Ill see how it looks on winisd too or would the results not match real life?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314