Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Internal Wiring for HD215

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internal Wiring for HD215
    Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:12pm
Hi all

Getting my hands on a HD215 soon, its a bare box, no internal wiring.

Am going to be loading with 2x Eminence Kappa's but I'm a bit confused as to how to internally wire the drivers to the speakon outputs on the rear. I want the cab to be 4ohm total, so eventally I can run 1 off each channel of my amp. 

Also, I dont own any 4 core cabling so if there is a way to get this all to work with standard 2 core it would be great if you lot can help shed some light to a noob lol.

Thanks
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:19pm
Yep, you just link them in the cab. Speakon +1 to driver red terminal, link to the other driver red terminal. Repeat with -1 and black.

If there's 2 speakons, link them +1 to +1 etc.

Edited by cravings - 13 May 2020 at 3:19pm
Ajsski99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:22pm
"link to the other driver red terminal"

Do you mean link from the speakon +1 or the first drivers red terminal?
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 3:48pm

I know the cabs different but the principle is the same. The wires that go off the picture go: white to 1+ and black to 1- on your speakon socket. As you can see, the two red terminals are linked and the two black terminals are linked. If you get this the wrong way around your cab will be VERY quite.

hope that helps.
blah blah blah blah blah......
Ajsski99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:01pm
Lovely mate, clears that right up!
JulianDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JulianDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:09pm
Thats the way to do it. But in the HD215 its probably easier to join the cables on the speakon socket itself instead of on one driver.
So just put both "plus-wires" (so the one from each speaker) on the 1+ Terminal on the Speakon und both "minus-wires" on the 1- Terminal :)
Ajsski99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajsski99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 4:24pm
I was wondering if this would work, it’d definitely give a cleaner look!
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 6:40pm
Yep, if you can run them back to the socket, do that.
blah blah blah blah blah......
 Post Reply Post Reply