Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EAW KF750 handle placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EAW KF750 handle placement
    Posted: 18 May 2020 at 9:34am
Hi guys,

Just acquired a couple of KF750px from an install with out handles, was hoping someone with access to some could take measurements of where the handles sit and roughly how deep they are.

There are some *hard to confidently read* measurements on the data sheet but don't want to cut the area then realise my handles are too deep or i've cut straight into a critical brace or something.

I interpret this as a handle placed 7.28" from the front, 6.44" wide and 10.87" tall but am not sure. I also wondered whether the rear handle was crucial for those nasty lifts.

Any help much appreciated!
Sam
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 10:09am
Looks like a H1070 handle (penn elcom), if you use that one for measurements you should find the right place.
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:47pm
just cut out where handles are placed in plan and you gonna be fine(front ones), there is nothing there.

http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Finjby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finjby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 7:43pm
Lifting 750's to head height is ideally a 3-man operation minimum...especially if the wheel board is on.   One man either side, and one man helping gain height and front tip onto subs.  That's where the little pocket handle comes into play as it's another grab point from the side.  (The bar handle is at the centre of gravity point)
I guess the reason EAW did this was because the rear of the cabinet is very narrow, leaving no internal room to locate a full bar handle.
Is it essential?  No, but it really helps manuvore a weighty, deep and slightly awkward cabinet!
Have you considered a sprung flightcase handle as an easier get-around?

All the best
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:03pm
Thanks guys, actually it was a super tight fit! There's a horizontal brace running from rear to front with a recession just where the handle is on the plans. Putting the handle anywhere other than here you'd have to chop out a chunk of the bracing. 

Gonna have a think about the rear pocket handles, there is enough room for a small handle but not loads.

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:25pm
Nice job! Clap
Calum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2020 at 10:32pm
I have got 6 of these and thinking of doing the same, can you confirm if the measurements above were correct and the ones you used? thank you

Edited by Calum - 20 December 2020 at 10:32pm
smoore View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2021 at 10:16pm
Hiya Calum, as far as i remember my measurements matched up to the plans online but take it slow and keep checking when you cut; There's not much extra room front-back for the handles.
Calum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2021 at 10:17pm
thank you smoore
 Post Reply Post Reply