Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with db mark xca26+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with db mark xca26+
    Posted: 23 May 2020 at 4:15pm
Can someone help me with the dbMark XCA26+ please? I used to have a Dbx Driverack PA2 which was easy to set up but the dbMark is a complete nightmare. It refuses to connect to my laptop via usb or ethernet port and the manual says absolutely nothing about how to set it up or how to use it in any way from the front panel. I can get sound out of it but it won't save any settings. I go through settings and then press save and iot goes basck to the menu of 1, load program, 2 save program. When I turn it back on next time all mty settings are back to standard. I'm so frustrated that if I can't set it up i'm gonna box it up and send it back. 

Plus I don't know if the downloaded software had a virus or something because as soon as I downbloaded it and installed it my nmlaptop died and now I have no laptop and it Windows won't start at all it's black screen with a load of crap on the screen. 

Edited by Fred_dibna - 23 May 2020 at 4:17pm
Fred_dibna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 7:10pm
I managed to work it out now, it was a case of me getting close to Hypoglycemic shock because of being so hungry, the stress of my laptop dying and the XCA26 beiong SO different to the Driverack. I managed to get my laptop working and have something to eat and then go for a walk. I got so close to punching my laptop screenmy hands were shaking from rage.

But I have one question, does anyone know the voltage gain of the Behringer NX6000 amps? I can't input that into the XCA26 until I know it. 
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 2:02pm
Hi,
Based on the nominal output of 3000W into 4 ohms, it will need to have 43dB of gain for the stated input sensitivity of 0.775V to get it to full output.

If the dBMark wants actual gain rather than dB, it's 141x.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2020 at 6:39pm
I got the wrong one I bought the DP26+ I meant to buy the XCA26 do you know if there's much or any difference in sound quality between the XCA and DP+ series?

The Behringer is rated at 3,000 watts peak per channel not RMS though, the continuous power out is about 1,500 per channel I saw from a bench test.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Fred_dibna Fred_dibna wrote:

The Behringer is rated at 3,000 watts peak per channel not RMS though, the continuous power out is about 1,500 per channel I saw from a bench test. 

That doesn't change the underlying gain of the amp though; it just means that you have to keep in mind the limiter is calibrated to that peak value rather than continuous.

If you want to limit at 1500W you'd simply reduce the threshold by 3dB.

I'm afraid I haven't used any of the dbMark stuff, so can't comment on differences between models.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred_dibna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 9:10am
Ok thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply