Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sound system for a 5m with 60m2 Living room

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khgytd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound system for a 5m with 60m2 Living room
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:07pm

Hi, I have a 60m2 living room with 5m high, due to this large room the sound comming from the TV speakers is really bad and sometimes very hard to understand, so I want to buy some kind of sound system that can improve the sound trought the room.

Initially i thought about a simple sound bar, but then i release that this might not be designed to these kinds of large rooms(not sure thought), and I would be buying an item that wouldn't solve my problems.

So now i'm thinking about a sound system (maybe 5.1?), but my knowledge about sound system is close to zero, and i don't know what to choose.

I wanted a recomendation from somone that has any knowledge or experience, on what should i buy to improve the sound in my living room, please take into account the dimensions of the room, and i would rather buy a system more on the economic side, also somekind of wireless solution would be nice.

Thanks in advance

dj jammin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dj jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:22pm
Well start off with 8 super scoops, 4 hd215's and some mid-tops.. if not loud enough just add more speakers.. should be ok for tv..

Reverence Sound system

FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 5:47pm
Its really not the best site to ask this type of question Smile

And as you can see, you dont get any usefull guidance.
Only half-co**** comments... Dead
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

Well start off with 8 super scoops, 4 hd215's and some mid-tops.. if not loud enough just add more speakers.. should be ok for tv..

Not unless you add at least a couple of dozen piezos. Essential for clear reproduction of TV!

And to OP - where are you? Your choice will definitely be influenced by what you have available around you - or how easy it is to buy online/from China...   LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
khgytd123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khgytd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by dj jammin dj jammin wrote:

Well start off with 8 super scoops, 4 hd215's and some mid-tops.. if not loud enough just add more speakers.. should be ok for tv..

Not unless you add at least a couple of dozen piezos. Essential for clear reproduction of TV!

And to OP - where are you? Your choice will definitely be influenced by what you have available around you - or how easy it is to buy online/from China...   LOL

I'm in Portugal, i can easely buy from chinese market, to be honest it is easier to buy from china then US. Yeah i don't need anything to fancy, i just wanted to be able to ear nicely without ecoing too much.

Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

Its really not the best site to ask this type of question Smile

And as you can see, you dont get any usefull guidance.
Only half-co**** comments... Dead

I can see what you mean xD, if it is allowed could you point me to a nice website better for my needs?

FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:18pm
Sorry i dont know any sites for Hifi and Surround.. but if you got alot of echo in the room, then a big Sound system wont help you. You need to do something to kill all the reflections in the room first. 

Sound absorbing material on the walls and sealing would be a good place to start. Heavy carpets on the floor. Big and heavy furnitures like sofas and cosy chairs. 

That would be a very good place to start.
khgytd123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khgytd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:29pm
Yeah the room is kinda empty, with 1 sofa and some fornitures. I think i'm gonna go to some store specialized in this kinda of things, to have a better opnion. Thanks
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:35pm
Google "acoustic treatment"

It will give you info and ideas. I think there are video on it too
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:48am
"I'm in Portugal,"

Ok - first thing to do is have a look at the 2nd hand market around you. There are plenty of bargains to be had these days. Do you have wallapop or milanuncios there? Both good sources.  Smile

And yes - acoustic treatment. Just some curtains will help.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 6:05pm
Google for Wolfgang Sauter's pro-performance. austrian based but one of the few guys i know which combine deep knowledge of acoustic treatment as wel as decent heavyweight soundsystems. 
Do not buy this kit in the highstreet audiostores, you will pay way too much. 
 Post Reply Post Reply