Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DJ subwoofer setup (cafe, weddings, lil parties)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DJ subwoofer setup (cafe, weddings, lil parties)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DJ subwoofer setup (cafe, weddings, lil parties)
    Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:08pm
Hi, I've audio passion from yearsSmile, I reconed several CV Strokers years ago and I still have one (will try to post pic). Now I work sometimes as a DJ in cafe or weddings with a couple of JBL PRX 815W wich are not the best but still ok, sometimes I feel lack of subwoofer. At home I still have a Crest CA12 and a Stroker 18D2 in a reflex enclosure (reccomended one tuned @35hz).  It shakes the house but I don't know if it worth to add handles, wheels and so on since it's pretty heavy MDF box. 

Alternatives are:

1-buy a couple of Waferdale pro X 18 passive scoops @350€ both in nice conditions, use them with the Crest until they explode then change the rcf p200 with a V1000 to get higher impact

2-buy an unused dual 18" enclosure for 18sound trial coils 3600w rms @400€ oushing it with crest

3-buy a perfect A grade unused G-SUB enclosure @200€ to fill it with a couple of used JBL nice 18s or PD

4-sell Crest @400€ and buy 2x Jbl PRX 718XLF @900€ to complete my setup in active way and keep it at higher value just in case I will need to sell my setup

my target is to get more impact as possible. I mean good sound and shake the ground and everything close to my setup. I usually play reggaeton and hip.hop but often they ask me for techno.. (private parties)
estro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote estro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:10pm
http://photos.app.goo.gl/fAhbUXUC4zsi6ssL6 - http://photos.app.goo.gl/fAhbUXUC4zsi6ssL6

Edited by estro - 08 June 2020 at 10:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply