Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for Jamaican style sound system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plans for Jamaican style sound system
    Posted: 15 June 2020 at 2:08pm
Good afternoon,

I am looking to build the typical modern Jamaican style sound system. With the selenium midtop speaker and the double t18s. Problem is though that the plans that I have found don't fit with eachother. The midtop is a few centimeters too big. Does anyone have a different plans for these or any idea how to modify these plans?

This is the plan I have for the midtop:
http://wizardaudio.hu/hasznos/hangfal%20tervek/top/horn/pdf/Selenium%20PAS3MA2.pdf

...and the one for the t18:
http://hornplans.free.fr/t18.html

Thanks in advance!

PS I am aware of the different views on this type of setup so let's discuss that in a different thread. Smile

Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 5:55pm
you could add skids on the sides of the subs to make them wider and stack better.
you can build the sub a couple cm(or 1 inch) wider, adding more bracing inside to compensate for excess volume, and performance would minimally be affected.
you can make the front of the selenium top shorter and this would make it less wide; looking from the top i would shorten the last segment that actually restricts the horn path.
that could even have minor positive effects, just protect drivers with a grill further down the throat.

try the subs also with cone outside the chamber, should keep them cooler and maybe lower the tuning a bit.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 5:56pm
Just because lot's of other people do something, doesn't make it right, or the only way.

Have a look at building 186 Horns for sub, and loading with 18sound.
15" Reflex for low mid,
MT121 for Mid tops.

I  engineer my mate's Reggae Sound System, so know the importance of strong low mid and clear mids/tops.

Edited by levyte357- - 15 June 2020 at 5:57pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
EmpireSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Jo bg Jo bg wrote:

you could add skids on the sides of the subs to make them wider and stack better.
you can build the sub a couple cm(or 1 inch) wider, adding more bracing inside to compensate for excess volume, and performance would minimally be affected.
you can make the front of the selenium top shorter and this would make it less wide; looking from the top i would shorten the last segment that actually restricts the horn path.
that could even have minor positive effects, just protect drivers with a grill further down the throat.

try the subs also with cone outside the chamber, should keep them cooler and maybe lower the tuning a bit.

Thanks a lot! That's really good advice. I assume a compromise between the two could work.
EmpireSound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmpireSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2020 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Just because lot's of other people do something, doesn't make it right, or the only way.

Have a look at building 186 Horns for sub, and loading with 18sound.
15" Reflex for low mid,
MT121 for Mid tops.

I  engineer my mate's Reggae Sound System, so know the importance of strong low mid and clear mids/tops.

Thanks for the input!
I know this not the only way or might not even be the best way... Ehm.. do all decisions in life have to be logical? Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply