Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

amps!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrinGrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: amps!
    Posted: 03 July 2020 at 7:58pm
halloo, im pretty new to this and have just bought myself 2 ES-18's loaded with P-Audio 800's, -http://p-audio.co.uk/pdf/E_18ELF.pdf I believe there the ones. alongside I got a Behringer EP4000 power amp and Im not entirely sure what settings to have it on to prevent blowing the drivers

this is what Behringer have to say about the product:

• 2 x 2,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 1,400 Watts into 4 Ohms; 4,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)

• ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity

• Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection

• Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity

• Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance

• XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors for compatibility with any source

• Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems

• Selectable low-frequency filters remove damaging infra-sound frequencies

• Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers

• High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability

• "Back-to-front" ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation

thanks in advance x

njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2020 at 8:52pm
 The actual rms power ratings for that amp I think are actually 450/750/1200w per channel into 8, 4 and 2ohms and 1500 and 2400w into 8 and 4 ohm bridge. I would wire the cabs in parallel for a 4 ohm load and then run the amp in bridge mode. As long as the amp is kept out of clip you won't damage anything and get the most SPL from your cabs.
 Post Reply Post Reply