Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F1 vs DAS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

made life a lot easier as had a lot of open mics with multiple vocals, Sitar, full drum kit, bass, guitar, masses of percussion, all backed up with keys and 8 channels of various stuff on sequencer.

least there wasn't an effing banjo in the mix AngryLOL. Can we as an industry burn the bastard things?

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

made life a lot easier as had a lot of open mics with multiple vocals, Sitar, full drum kit, bass, guitar, masses of percussion, all backed up with keys and 8 channels of various stuff on sequencer.

least there wasn't an effing banjo in the mix AngryLOL. Can we as an industry burn the bastard things?

Or ukulele's!

LOL

No - actually TABLA's. I hate the bloody things (or maybe the idiot hippy types that try play them).  Angry Angry Angry

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by FOO FOO wrote:

They really dont work good on live sound. Playback? Piece of cake.. live... Still havent heard a F1 sounding good in a live setup. 

there's a great trick to sort this out. simply take an output from the mixing desk and record the mix. now because of entanglement between the recording which you are going to playback in the future and the live mix that you are playing now, the speakers start playing better. simple physics.
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Or ukulele's!

LOL

No - actually TABLA's. I hate the bloody things (or maybe the idiot hippy types that try play them).  Angry Angry Angry

Tablas played well are decent, aslong as you don't use an sm57, which all tabla players will want you to use
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 8:20pm
No Banjo's, thank f**k for that, tablas I can cope with but violins with tuppeny bit pickupsCensored
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 9:56am
"Tablas played well are decent, as long as you don't use an sm57, which all tabla players will want you to use"

Mic? What mic?

I wouldn´t waste a mic on a tabla - and even less an expensive mic like a 57! Maybe one of those karaoke things with built in effects!  LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 11:39am
i genuinely thing the last tabla i had, i had run out of channels on the stagebox so just put a condenser mic on a cable to nowhere.... even fake linechecked it and the player was 'happy'. 

i'm a terrible engineer sometimes LOL

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 1:37pm

i genuinely thing the last tabla i had, i had run out of channels on the stagebox so just put a condenser mic on a cable to nowhere.... even fake linechecked it and the player was 'happy'. 

i'm a terrible engineer sometimes LOL

Or a true Artiste!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

The last moron I had with a tabla, wanted more of himself in his monitor than the drumkit next to which he was sat. I tried to move him away from the kit, but he "needed" to be next to it to "feel the vibe"! Nuff said!  Angry

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 1:53pm

"Tablas played well are decent, as long as you don't use an sm57, which all tabla players will want you to use"

Mic? What mic?

I wouldn´t waste a mic on a tabla - and even less an expensive mic like a 57! Maybe one of those karaoke things with built in effects!  LOL LOL LOL

Sm53 was nice, I've done c451 or Md421 as well,

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Digbethdave Digbethdave wrote:

Mic? What mic?

Sm53 was nice, I've done c451 or Md421 as well,

Ok, yes - all classics.  Smile

But to show you really care - a set of DPA - one per finger!  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2020 at 11:55am
Res3 are totally fine for live work. Shame they discontinued that model.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by KDW32 KDW32 wrote:

Res3 are totally fine for live work. Shame they discontinued that model.

it is, until you hear the new Evo range. Thats something special!!

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 13 July 2020 at 9:55pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123