Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PHL 5380 and 5381

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PHL 5380 and 5381
    Posted: 15 July 2020 at 8:14pm
I've been doing a refurb on my LS15s at the moment and I found one of them (which have PHL 5380) has got cracks in the driver magnet. Sad face. Still works but looking at my options for sorting it out.

The current model (5381) which replaced it is ever so slightly different but very close.

I'm keen to keep them original but the 5380s seem to be crazy money where I've seen them online. Is there a good (cheap LOL) PHL supplier in the UK or any feedback from folk who've swapped to 5381 and can't notice the difference.

Advice greatly appeaciated even if it's just do nothing and keep thrashing it until it either sounds bad or stops Embarrassed
Digbethdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digbethdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 9:43pm
If it works, then just glue it.
Phl and cheap don't mix in the same sentence. 
Meat Substitute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2020 at 10:08pm
When you say glue it do you have any recommendations of what to try? Superglue? A low viscosity epoxy?

Yeah, guess it's gonna be a dear do unless one pops up second hand at some point and then that'd be another dice roll.

Stabilising it as it does play sounds like the smart move.
 Post Reply Post Reply